Ninth Sunday after Pentecost Aug. 6, 2017
SERVICE: (Sun.) 8:30 AM – Contemporary Worship, w/comm.
10:00 AM – Traditional Worship, w/comm.
Divine Svc. II, page 167
HYMNS: (Late. Svc.) #779 + #712 + #770 + Comm. Hymn #549
LESSONS: Exodus 15:22-27 + Acts 1:12-14 + Matthew 7:7-11
(Sun.) Ushers: 8:30 a.m.: Lorna Kaspala, Greg Blust,
Wayne Volk, volunteer
10:00 a.m.: Deb Olson, Gary Worrall,
Jim Lahti, Marilynn Dewald
Elders: Dennis Hagenbuch, Warren Weingarten (Early)
Gary Worrall (Late)
Acolytes: Randall Roberts, Emilie Scholie (Early)
Ryan Moilanen (Late)
Lay Reader: Jason Sommerville
Greeters: Bev Auel, Kim Tunstall (Early)
John & Dala Beard (Lat
Open Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-3:30pm
Pastor: Aaron Gehrke; firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Youth & Campus Ministry: Marcus Huff: email@example.com
Office Manager: Judy Fenske; firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Manager: Don Kuiper; email@example.com
Business manager: Jason Auel; firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Ministry Staff:
Worship Support: Lou Ann Vitton; email@example.com
Group Life: Rob & Anne Cooke; firstname.lastname@example.org
Community: Kerri Mayra; email@example.com
Children’s Ministry: Abby Gehrke; firstname.lastname@example.org
TO ALL VISITORS ATTENDING WORSHIP THIS MORNING: We are thankful that you are worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus with us. Part of worshiping our Lord is bringing our financial gifts in the form of offerings to support the ministry of Christ’s church. As our guest today, please do not feel obligated to give an offering. We are just thankful that you are here and hope you will continue to worship with us. Want to give your offerings online? Go to www.copperluth.org/give or text “copperluth” to 77977 from your smartphone to get started.
HOLY COMMUNION: In preparation to receive the Lord’s Supper, please ask yourself these questions: Have I confessed and repented of my sins? Do I believe that in this Sacrament I am receiving the actual body and blood of Christ, under the bread and wine, into my mouth, for the forgiveness of my sins? Do I share the confession and wish to participate in the unity of this congregation? Will I, with the Lord’s help, amend my sinful life? If you answer, “yes” to all of these questions, please join us for this blessed gift from God for our forgiveness.
If you need a gluten free wafer, please ask the pastor when you are kneeling at the rail.
MISSED A SERVICE? Watch archive sermons at www.copperluth.org/sermon-archive.
Church Communications Updates
We have some new communications methods that we want to make sure you are receiving, if you desire.
- Wednesday Morning Weekly Update Email includes:
- Sermon preview from Pastor Aaron
- Blog posts about ministry items
- Bulletin announcements from the preview week
If you’re not receiving this, please email email@example.com to be added to the list. Or, check your spam folder in your email.
- *NEW Church App for mobile phones and tablets (Apple, Android, Windows, Amazon)
- Go to the app store on your device and search for “Saints Peter and Paul” and you’ll see it.
- With this app you can:
- Watch archived sermons from Sunday mornings
- Stream or download audio recordings of Sunday morning sermons
- Read articles and blog posts from Pastor and Ministry Staff
- See a list of currently active groups and get connected with group leaders
- Register for events
- Read the Bible
- Give online
- And more… Preschool Director/Lead Teacher: We are searching for a Director/Lead Teacher to develop and lead a preschool at Saints Peter and Paul to open in September 2018. If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, the posting is open until August 18th. Details and application available at www.copperluth.org/jobs.2017 OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD: In a few weeks we will be kicking off our 2017 Operation Christmas Child (OCC) Mission Project. If you are picking up school supplies this is a great opportunity to add some extra items to help fill this year’s boxes, such as crayons, regular and color pencils, sharpeners, erasers, felt tips, and small notebooks. This year International Customs Regulations do not permit toothpaste, candy items, hand sanitizer, or liquid items of any kind. Your help in making 2017 another record year for Saints Peter and Paul’s OCC box donations would be greatly appreciated. Last year we donated 211 filled boxes and $1485. For further information contact Denise Coates at 296-9561 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the national project website at www.samaritanspurse.org/occ.
SENIOR SAINTS – will hold its summer picnic on Thursday, August 17, starting at noon at Pastor & Dorothy Paul’s home, Red Brick Road, off the Houghton Canal Road. Grilled burgers and hot dogs will be provided, as well as drinks. The rest is potluck. Bring lawn chairs, too. Pray for good weather!! Contact John or Jean Pemberton (487-9412), if questions. Call the Paul’s (482-2647) for directions to their place, if need be.
LORD’S WORK AT SS PETER & PAUL, WEEK OF AUG. 6 – 13
Sunday 8:30 AM Contemporary Svc., w/comm.
10:00 AM Traditional Svc., w/comm.
Tuesday 9:00 AM Triple G (God’s Gardening Group)
Thursday 6:30 PM Bd. of Directors
Friday 2:00 PM Nature’s Bounty
Next Sunday 8:30 AM Informal Svc.
10:00 AM Traditional Svc.
“Lutheran Hour” Radio Ministry, Sunday 8:30 AM, WHKB 102.3FM
ATTENDANCE AT SERVICES:
Sun. 7/30 – (8:30) 100 + (10:00) 81 + 181
Offerings Received to Date: $254,462.09
Weekly Operating Budget Need: $8,807 – Offerings Last Week: $6,791.91