We are officially on the search for a Preschool Director/Lead Teacher for the soon-to-be-developed Preschool opening in the fall of 2018.
If you or someone you know is interested, please have them email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the job posting:
Preschool Director/ Lead Teacher Job Description
Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church, Houghton, MI
The Preschool Director/Lead Teacher is responsible for all aspects of the creation and management of a preschool program for children ages 3 years through pre-kindergarten. This position will begin part-time as Director beginning October 2017 through May 2018 and then will become full-time in June 2018. At the start of the school year, 2018, this position will become Director/Lead Teacher.
This position includes leadership of marketing and advertisement, state licensing, staff recruitment, child enrollment processes, curriculum development, classroom management, and staff development. Additionally, the Director will also act as lead teacher in the classroom.
- A person with a Christian faith and willingness to support the core values of Christian education.
- A person who sees and embraces the missionary opportunity this position provides.
- Sees the inherent value of a Christian-based early education program.
- A person excited to develop an early educational program and curriculum that introduces and reinforces Christian beliefs.
- An individual with strong oral and written communication and organizational skills in order to effectively communicate with children, families, staff, and congregational liaison.
- Able to work independently on projects with little or no supervision.
- Able to have a healthy working relationship with the Senior Pastor, staff, and volunteers of the church and preschool.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of teachers and other staff in the establishment and operation of a Lutheran preschool, including day-to-day operation and routine special events.
- Establish and support a curriculum that espouses beliefs held by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod that is fun, educational, and appropriate for a Christian preschool environment.
- Develop and implement a marketing/advertisement plan that creates interest in the preschool and fuels strong enrollment from both the congregational and local community.
- Recruit and train teachers and other staff as needed to staff preschool classrooms and special events.
- Establish enrollment processes that ensure children are enrolled efficiently, acclimated smoothly into their classroom, and monitored to ensure success.
- Function as primary contact person for parents/guardians on enrollment, assimilation, progress, and all other matters pertaining to the preschool.
- Implement classroom management practices that ensure a safe, secure, and orderly preschool environment is maintained at all times.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and develop preschool staff ensuring a “continuous learning” culture is developed and fostered and that classroom management practices are continuously improved.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
- Develop an annual budget for the preschool ensuring needs are met and profitability targets are realized.
- Complete all necessary state-required forms and documents and meet with licensing consultants upon request. Communicate with consultants as well as the health department about all aspects of the program.
- Prepare and distribute a Parent Handbook that includes policies on attendance, fees, discipline, admission, program schedule, philosophy and goals, etc.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience as a leader in a children’s education capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field is required. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children, and have the ability to function as an administrator. Other requirements include the ability to meet the State of Michigan requirements for a Licensed Care Center director, State of Michigan teaching certificate, ability to pass a standard background check, and First Aid and CPR certification. A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is a plus.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications are due August 18, 2017.